Rob Roy | Seattle, WA
like we said before, seattle is huge on happy hour. one of our many hh spots during our trip was rob roy in belltown. their happy hour is from 4-7pm. happy hour cocktails were $6 each, wells $5 and beer is $1 off. here is what we got:
- colonel – bourbon, grapefruit, apricot liqueur, cane sugar
- prince edward – scotch, lillet, drambuie
- huntsman – vodka, trinidadian rum, lime, cane sugar
- el tio nonillo – mezcal, pear liqueur, dry vermouth, amaro nonino
i had to get something from their “top sellers” list since the quote on top of the page was, “being popular is the most important thing in the world.” – homer simpson. epic. it was a non-happy hour item but it sounded too good.
- sangre del sol – chile infused tequila, mango puree, grapefruit, lime, mint, agave nector
- service: fast. not much interaction so can’t say much here.
- ambience: love the space. loved lounging here.
- drinks: so of all the drinks we got, favorites were the sangre del sol (spicy mango tequila drink) and the huntsman (vodka, trinidadian rum, lime, cane sugar). actually, the truth is, the sangre del sol was amazing. it is my favorite spicy drink…ever. be warned it is pretty hot but that makes it amazing. kyle enjoyed the huntsman (he ordered 2). stella got the colonel and the el tio nonillo, both of which she thought were ok but nothing amazing. the colonel was light on alcohol. bryan hated the scotch drink.
- presentation: presentation is awesome. thought each drink was uber pretty. some drinks, as detailed above, were better than others.
- overall: this was one of our favorites in seattle.
2332 2nd Ave
(between Battery St & Bell St)
Seattle, WA 98121