i cant believe it’s already mid-december already! thought i’d finally share a few photos from our friendsgiving this year! (i know, so delayed). this is our 4th friendsgiving, which we co-host with a couple of friends. we get pretty excited for this and spend weeks (lots of them) planning it.
we ended up going with gold glitter yellow/white pumpkins for our name cards! (thank you pinterest! we combined these two ideas: here and here) we used these pumpkins to determine the rest of the decor: flowers, table covers, etc. beige, browns, golds was the base with bold flower combos.
the pumpkins – we were obsessed with these little babies.
- pumpkins – vons – $1 each
- modge podge – $7 at michaels
- gold glitter – $10 for a large bottle at michaels (martha stewart). i didn’t know how much i needed so i went with the large bottle.
- bow raffia – $4 for a large bag at michaels
- small tags – 20 pack $2.5 at michaels
- gold pen – set of 2 for $2.50 at michaels
- painter’s tape – $5 at target
the flower boxes – we found rectangle boxes in downtown on the cheap and ended up using them for our centerpieces. we stained them ourselves and then painted a gold strip for a pop.
- box – $13 each in downtown flower market
- wood stain tube – $13 at michaels. i will note that this was extremely easy to use.
- gold paint – $5 at michaels.
- beige table cloth – $9 on amazon (this is a crazy deal)
- burlap runners – $4 each in downtown flower market
- bag of pine cones – $5 in downtown
anyway, friendsgiving has come a long way from the first one we had 4 years ago (costco chicken, stove top stuffing, and extremely garlicy mashed potatoes (inedible)). now it’s a way for jess and i to be creative once a year (sometimes we joke because it feels like we plan a wedding once a year) and work on our cooking skills. at this point, we are pretty good at the stuffing, brussel sprouts, cream corn, and pumpkin pie!