i’ve always been a meat lover (even when my parents turned vegetarian). if anything, i became more of a meat lover after i started my job and frequent steakhouses (hard life, i know). it was not until my cousin dragged me to native foods cafe in costa mesa that i fell in love with vegan food! (vegan / vegetarian food has come such a long way) since then, i’ve been on the prowl for a good vegan place in los angeles! lucky us, we have suncafe! what we like to get:
- lettuce leaf tacos – sun chorizo, cashew cheese, pico de gallo, avocado, green onion, pecan pieces & basil ranch
- sun nachos – sun chorizo, nacho cheese, cashew cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo, olive, jalapeño, green onion with 50/50 thin-sliced jicama chips and baked blue corn chips
- portobello sandwich – with avocado, spinach, garlic pecan crumble, cashew cheese
- the kale colossus – kale, sun chorizo, mushroom, bell pepper, onion, pico de gallo, raisin, banana
- kale shake – they won best shake award. try it, you will know why
- supreme pizza – marinara, sun chorizo, tomato, marinated bell pepper & onion, cashew cheese, on ﬂatbread (if you feel adventurous try it raw)
- sliders – on the special menu
we are not fans of:
- mac and cheese
- pad thai
we always, always get the shake. two people can split one since it is pretty large. the lettuce leaf tacos are kyle’s favorite.
nachos are great! get the 50/50. if you get sick of the jicama, just jump over to the tortilla chips and vice versa.
- ambience: this place is relatively small and can get a little hot. we’ve been in there when there was just a small fan blowing around warm air. at least its clean.
- service: very friendly. they know their food.
- parking: metered street. good luck!
- overall: this is now our healthy spot (relatively healthy). food is great here. some items are better than others but still would not hesitate to recommend this place.
don’t worry, i still love meat. if i’m feeling sluggish, heavy and in need of a lighter meal, suncafe is my first choice.
3711 Cahuenga Blvd W
Studio City, CA 91604