we decided to go to izakaya sushi ran for dinner one day because they had a pretty good happy hour deal! score. rolls here are yummy, colorful, HUGE, and even better when its 30% off. first time here, we got: (i) the number one roll, (ii) vivid roll, (iii) super tiger roll and (iv) spicy salmon hand roll.
it’s been a solid year or two now and now this place has become our go-to sushi place / happy hour joint (for us and our peeps). i want to say kyle comes here once a week to grab a beer and a roll. our favorites now that we have tried pretty much every roll:
- my king roll – spicy crab meat, mango, jalapeño, avocado and tuna.
- abc roll – deep fried rice and spicy tuna.
- number one roll – shrimp tempura, spicy tuna, crab meat, albacore and fried onion.
- baked baby lobster roll – crab meat, cucumber, avocado with baked baby lobster on top.
- super tiger roll – shrimp tempura, crab meat, avocado, cucumber, spicy tuna and shrimp.
- parking: since sushi ran is located in a strip mall, it shares a small parking lot with a thai food restaurant, a dominos and a few other stores. if you can’t find parking in the lot, there should be ample street parking.
- service: we love the girls here. super energetic and efficient.
- ambience: relative small joint. clean. modern decor.
- overall: we love this place! check it out 3-5:30pm for awesome deals!
Izakaya Sushi Ran
10658 Riverside Dr
Toluca Lake, CA 91602
Neighborhood: Toluca Lake